Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 202

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Nice, enjoyable drive in a Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
This last Tuesday (Nov 3), I had the pleasure of a nice, enjoyable drive in my 1955 Pat.

I drove from my place in Pahrump, NV to Las Vegas to meet up with a good car friend for dinner and drinks at the Flamingo Hotel. The weather was in the low 80s, the sky was perfectly clear and the traffic was light since this trip was in the early afternoon. On the downhill side of "over the hump" at Mountain Springs pass, one can usually see Las Vegas, but most of the time there is a "smog"-like haze over the city. Today there was none and one could see to the Eastern side of the Las Vegas valley, a distance of at least 50 miles. I had never seen it that clear!

I took the Red Rock Canyon National Park detour on the way in and it was truly spectacular as well. The drive back the next day was equally beautiful. In my experience, it will be a rare occurrence when all conditions are as nice as this again.

Of course the valets at the Flamingo loved the Packard. The dinner and drinks with a good friend topped it off.

I hope that other Packard owners will post their enjoyable drive stories here. That's the primary reason we own these beautiful cars, isn't it?

Craig

Posted on: 2009/11/5 21:16
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Re: Nice, enjoyable drive in a Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
i pushed mine forward to get into my attic. LOL! ;0) does that count?

Posted on: 2009/11/5 22:51
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
At least you got yours to move. Mine is still in a ditch! LOL

Posted on: 2009/11/5 22:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Wednesday I drove the Executive to:

http://www.hvlakes.com/introduction.htm

About an 80 mile round trip for me, or at least the way i go. I'd never been there before. It's more of a "gated commune" than an actual camp grounds as the web site portrays. An associate of mine moved there about 1 year ago as permanat residence. He's even setting up a small shop there. Way out in the wilderness.

Had a good time. The Executive handled the roads thru the complex just fine but i think i need to get some of those adjustable front TL links.

The car got a bit dusty but that washes off just fine.

I am still amazed tho at how heavy the traffic is on rural Interstate during non-rush-hour. I just don't undestand it and it's that way CONSTANTLY now from 6am to about 6pm.

IF the economy is so bad and unemployment is so high then WHERE are all of those people going and what are they doing out creating such tremendous traffic all day long???? IT COST MONEY to run those cars down the road!

Posted on: 2009/11/6 7:39
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Chuckltd
See User information
I'll be moving mine 10 feet in a week or 2.

Posted on: 2009/11/6 7:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Tonight I will be attending a Military Ball sponsored by my VFW post 1481. I expect there will be a large number of envious and admiring comments when I pull up in my Polly! I'll try and get some pics and post one or two tomorrow after the parade. Please remember the sacrifice that our veterans have given and thank them for their service, no matter what branch or what country you live in for that matter. It really feels good when someone walks up and says "Thank You".

Posted on: 2009/11/6 13:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
It's a beautiful fall day here in Ohio, the Buckeyes beat Penn State yesterday while Northwestern was beating Iowa and Purdue beat the "team up north". I thought the stars were in alignment for a nice cuise in the Mayfair to a car club (VMCCA) meeting in a nearby town. NOT! Yes, she started right up, but I smelled gas in the garage so I "popped the bonnet" and, agass.....the fuel line was spurting gas onto the manifold! A replacement on the shelf was a bit too short and not enought time to get to town for another one, so I guess we'll be going "modern" today.
Well, the Buckeyes still won!

Posted on: 2009/11/8 13:42
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved