Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 216

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Happy Veterans Day
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Happy Veterans Day to all the Veterans out there.

Someone sent this to me in an email. If you are ever wondering how effective out troops and technology are here is a video montage that was put together as a propaganda film that every insurgent should have to watch before deciding to join up. Technology is scary! (Graphic Content Warning!)

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=204937&page=1

Posted on: 2009/11/11 12:21
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Re: Happy Veterans Day
Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
A sincere thank you to all the former & current members of our Armed Services. God Bless you all.

Attach file:

jpg  (68.24 KB)
633_4afaf7d7663b4.jpg 330X473 px

Posted on: 2009/11/11 12:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
It Canada November 11 is called Remembrance Day. I was at a Canadian Legion Remembrance Day dinner last evening and met with a group of US V.F.W. vets who come across the border each year to participate in the service today. They are a great bunch of guys and gals and we really appreciate it when they come. The large public crowd always give them a big round of applause during the march past also and they express amazement that our public turn outs are so large. It is always gratifying to see.
"Lest We Forget"

Attach file:

jpg  (18.83 KB)
13_4afb17e4acb3c.jpg 275X400 px

Posted on: 2009/11/11 15:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Big Kev: I watched the video. I remember 40 years a young fellow that who went in the service and served in a combat theater. In that combat theater the one side had a big edge in technology over the other side. The Viet Cong and North Vietnam knew this but that didn't stop them from winning a war.

I know I seen it first hand over 40 years ago. I served in Vietnam from August 1969 to August 1970.

To my fellow Veterans I say THAKN YOU for severing our country.

The Veterans that should be most remembered at this present time are the ones coming back from two wars fronts right now that come back with serous life altering injuries.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/11/11 16:46
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
My best friend of 28+ years Paul and I at the Veterans parade in Ogden Utah 7 Nov '09.(I'm the short one.) Car in the background is my '53 Cavalier. Thanks to all our fellow servicemen and women. Keep the faith!

Attach file:

jpg  (152.11 KB)
1741_4afb901b6274b.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/11/11 23:36
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Great Photo! Thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 2:35
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
A little late for me, but it's been a busy day. I'd just like to say Happy Veterans Day, and to honor the greatest General since Alexander The Great:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2009/11/12 2:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Eric, Maybe Patton was the best American general since Alexander in your opinion although I can't agree with that. Robert E. Lee or Stonewall Jackson or even Bendict Arnold when he worked on your side get my vote. In my opinion Patton was not a great general but was an aggressive one. He had almost unlimited resources to help him along the way including complete air superiority and the Typhoon fighter bombers. he was lucky during the Battle of the Bulge that the skies cleared enough to get the Typhoons operational. As for WW2 best general my vote would go to.....George C. Scott. At least he was a good actor!

Attach file:

jpg  (4.10 KB)
13_4afcc1c2e45bf.jpg 100X124 px

Posted on: 2009/11/12 8:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
My late father served under Patton during WWII and was a tank driver receiving TWO PURPLE HEARTS one of those times nearly being killed.

When the subject of Patton came up my father had no kind words for him. My father in the best of times called him an SOB and said that Patton had very little regard for human life.

To me this was one of the best that there ever was.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (53.85 KB)
105_4afc3ce6f156d.jpg 520X767 px

Posted on: 2009/11/12 11:46
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Good God guys, at least I chose AMERICAN generals, lol!

If Patton would have been let loose the war would have been over 2 years earlier, lol. His thinking it a lot like my thinking on several aspects, don't let anything get in the way of your goal and get the hell out of my way why I'm trying to achieve that goal. He was hated because he got shit done, not because he was a lovable teddy bear.

Manstein was a great one too, the greatest German general along with Rommel. If those two would have not been constrained by their leader's lunacy WWII would have turned out quite different indeed.... That is, until Patton came into the picture, lol.

Posted on: 2009/11/12 12:47
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved