Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 222

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'57 Clipper tail lights and similarities
Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Hi all. I'm still looking for a set for my Clipper. I was looking at a pic of a '58 Stude Hawk and noticed that they look very similar. Would these fit? I'm going kinda nuts here! I really don't want to see this car just sit. I started her up last week and wow! I wish you guys could hear this supercharger whine. I so want to drive her! I wouldn't mind using this car as a daily driver for awhile. I need to find a windshield for her too. The other glass I figure I'll just remove it, take it to a glass shop and have 'em cut some new ones.

Posted on: 2009/11/14 18:14
 Top  Print   

Re: '57 Clipper tail lights and similarities
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
My understanding is that all 56 Packard Clipper tail light lenses will fit 57 and 58 Packards

Posted on: 2009/11/14 18:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Didn't somebody start reproducing them a couple of years ago? I mean the lense, chrome trim and all?

Posted on: 2009/11/14 20:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
There are a couple of places advertising repros with price listings as "on request". The average price I've found so far is between $600-$700, and that's without shipping! I'm not too keen on spending more on tail lights than on the windshield. If my soon to be ex knew about either of my Packards I'd be hoofing it real quick. Don't have much cash right now and I'm hoping to find something a little less pricey....

Posted on: 2009/11/15 5:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
I'm sure I saw them someplace for $300. They were an in stock item not special made. It was probably a hot rod or custom car supply that makes them. They are a popular tail light for custom cars, that's why you find so many Packards with missing tail lights.

Do a Google search for 56 Packard tail lights and I'm sure something will turn up. I found them that way a couple of years ago when I was looking at buying a Packard with no tail lights.

Posted on: 2009/11/15 12:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
A 5 minute search turned up these lenses for $120 a pair.

http://www.wirthscustomauto.com/504500-p-tail-light-lenses.html

I'm sure I saw complete tail light assemblies for sale someplace, new reproductions.

--------

Here they are, from Kanter Products

4.1600 Taillight

GROUP
4.1600 Tail light assembly 1956 Clipper New Reproduction, Available Fall 2005, (other models INQUIRE) $249.00

If you can get brand new for that kind of money I don't know why you would mess around with old faded pitted ones.

I bet they are cheaper someplace else. Kanter tends to be on the high side. If they are reproducing them there should be no shortage.

Posted on: 2009/11/15 19:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And another lense.http://thehotrodgirl.stores.yahoo.net/56patale.html Kanter advertises gr 4.1600 reproduction assy's.

Posted on: 2009/11/15 20:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

scottie
See User information
Thanks guys!

Posted on: 2009/11/18 16:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved