Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
240 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 238

Phat Jonny, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1915 Racer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
My apologies of this is off topic but there has to be a bit of Packard in this one somewhere!! Looks like fun!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200406618438

Posted on: 2009/11/16 21:59
 Top  Print   

Re: 1915 Racer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
$6000 radiator recore, that's BS if I've ever read it. He's got an aftermarket aluminum radiator in there for crissakes! Maaayybbee $1000 for it, but no where near $6K. If he did pay $6K for it, the he's the sucker of the century!

Posted on: 2009/11/16 22:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
I think he ment $6k in recent updates.... for that price it beter be a platinum radiator!!

Posted on: 2009/11/16 22:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
For cellular radiator cores, especially ones with unusual profiles or shapes, $6000 isn't an uncommon price.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 23:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wallis
See User information
"Although left completely original for these past many decades"...................

Hmmmmm, I question the originality of the electric fan with plastic blades..... but all in all an interesting ride.

Looks like it could belong in Jay Leno's garage.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 23:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I think he ment $6k in recent updates.... for that price it beter be a platinum radiator!!

Quote:
The following has been performed within the past 4 months:

Re-cored Radiator. $6000

Sounds like $6K for just the radiator to me.

Quote:
For cellular radiator cores, especially ones with unusual profiles or shapes, $6000 isn't an uncommon price.

Take a look at the last pic of the car, that's a plain tube and fin aluminum radiator. If he paid that much for that radiator, someone had him over the barrel big time. My local radiator shop quoted me $800 to build me a new aluminum radiator for my '48, without even looking at the old one. They told me that's the most they charge for non-heavy truck radiators like an Euclid. It was $600 to recore my old one, so that's what I did. The only thing "unusual" about that radiator is the upper hose nipple with the integral radiator cap. That doesn't make it that expensive, either.

Posted on: 2009/11/17 0:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
The only LaFrance speedster I know of was built years ago by Ron Fawcett of Whitby Ontario. It sold for $17,600 in 2007.

It was way nicer than the one in the ad.

More on Ron Fawcett

http://www.wheels.ca/Article%20Category/article/31651

The sale

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/2007/070918-5.htm

Posted on: 2009/11/17 10:02
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved