Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
222 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 221

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Purist vs. Modders
Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
PackardV8 wrote:
Quote:
Consider the 6v vs 12v conversion ONLY as an example.

<p>More subtle would be a change from positive to negative ground on a 1955 12V system. Is this "purely" a modder thing or can this be considered "strictly" purist since it was standard in 1956?</p>
<p>I'm not trying to be pedantic here, but there's bound to be gray areas. My question is who decides? My suggestion is to have the originator of the thread decide by selecting the forum to which he/she posts. Then if someone "on the other side of the purist/modder fence" complains, the moderator can decide and move it or not.</p>
<p>Craig</p>

Posted on: 2009/12/18 13:50
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
There has often been reference to original (first) post of a thread and even title of the thread. The originator of a thread is only a forum participant that posted to the thread. NOT the boss of the thread. What makes the original post of any thread any better or different in any way from any other post in the thread other than the fact that there is no previous post to it???? The original post does not necessarily drive nor dictate anything. It's a post.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 14:08
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (16.23 KB)
34_4b2bd5ef40495.jpg 300X300 px

Posted on: 2009/12/18 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
YEAH!!! Those are great to go FISHING with. Gufwa ha ha ha.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 15:45
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I agree with Brian. I will add this to the list of Forum Rules. As such, this thread becomes depreciated. Thread Locked.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 16:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

« 1 2 (3)

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved