Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 229

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic Previous Topic   Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

(1) 2 »

Goodbye.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Since I am apparently causing Owen Dyneto problems on this forum, and he is unwilling to post because of me, I will leave. Don't reply to this, as I won't be back to see it. I wish you all luck with your Packards, and may the grace of God be with you all, adeu`.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 14:10

Re: Goodbye.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Owen: Concerning Eric there have been times that Eric and I have gotten into it but he has never stopped anyone from stating their valid points of view. If he thinks you point of view is wrong he tells that person in blunt terms with no sugar coating on it. That is one of the things that gives me a lot of respect for Eric.

Eric and I have one thing in common we both tell people plain and straight how we feel about things. The same goes for the both of us in this forum some persons have problems handling that.

This is the only comments I will make concerning this subject

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/3 15:18
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
While it's obvious that there's been some undue friction between Dave and Eric lately, I don't see why it has to be like that.

Everyone has their plusses and minuses. Each of these two fellas has their own perspective on the hobby and each possesses a unique set of skills, knowledge, and hands-on experience that different audiences seem to respect and enjoy.

I can't say that these two should simply avoid each other; in fact, it's only right to question authority when one feels strongly that the information presented is not entirely correct. Yet, in a thread of mutual interest, two people ought to be able to publicly offer their respective opinions, compare notes, and arrive at some sort of agreement without turning it into some kind of personal vendetta.

I certainly wouldn't like a highly-sanitized, tea-parlour atmosphere, but given the freedom that this site offers compared to any other, we need to keep things reasonably civil.

Otherwise, vive la diff?rence!

Posted on: 2010/2/3 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
I appreciate each of your viewpoints. Don't go!

(I want to follow your projects, if you need a selfish reason not to go, Eric!)

Posted on: 2010/2/3 15:45

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I sorry that you see this is the only resolution to the issue at hand. I was hoping we could have come to an understanding where everyone could have gotten along without the need for constant feuding. Hence why I was attempting to figure out a solution to this in private.

I'm not closing any doors you or anyone else, so any "Banned" status is self-impossed and none of my doing.

I just want a to have a website about Packards, their history and provide the information people need to maintain their cars in keeping with that history. Personal grudges, egos and other minutia frankly don't interest me or the other folks that come here for information they seek.

Eric the best of luck to you and your family where ever the road may take you, whether that be here with PackardInfo or anyplace else.

I think that is all that needs to be said on this matter.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 15:49
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
I consider Eric a personal friend as well as a knowledgeable and savvy poster of things Packard. As such, I wish him well.

Eric may be migrating elsewhere mostly because there is more modification "stuff" happening there than in the Packard world. That is Eric's thing. I, for one, cannot blame him.

Craig

Posted on: 2010/2/3 17:55
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
It's a matter of maturity really... obviously one can be very savvy, but in the real world of human relations need to do a bit of reflecting in how opinions are expressed in a way that is ultimately constructive and not offensive or simply a vehicle for ego gratification. The Pack-Ard pronunciation festouche is a prime case in point - "normal"? Guess what, in point of fact Packard is actually an English name, and their "different than our" pronunciation is correct ... so why go out of the way to denigrate it? Beyond all that, hope it will all blow over, and all can contribute to the collective knowledge, that is why we are here, eh?

Posted on: 2010/2/3 20:43

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I am sorry to see Eric go as he was a colourful and knowledgeable member who contributed a lot to this site and he will be missed. It is unfortunate that he has decided to leave us but that is his choice and his alone and so I wish him all the best in all his endevours and especially his continued enjoyment of the Packard hobby.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Frank
See User information
Both of you guys - get back in the game. I'm learning alot from the both of you. I don't post much cause I don't have much mechanical expertise but I do read/appreciate both of your posts.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 22:06

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I agree with the sentiment of the last three gentlemen.
Well put sirs.

Posted on: 2010/2/3 22:33

(1) 2 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved