Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 236

DJP-37-120, John Newton, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: snow (or why I couldn't work on my Packard today)
Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Geez, even when we here in Cleveland top the "worst lists," folks out there still can't let us win! Next you'll be telling me that the Browns and the Indians aren't among the worst pro sports teams in existence. I can already hear it..."sure your river caught fire multiple times but it wasn't Chernobyl..."

Seriously, I'm surprised Buffalo isn't on the list either given they share the same weather we receive. As to who receives more lake effect, I'm not sure I'd cast a final vote for New York until you've spent time in Ashtabula and northern Geauga counties east of Cleveland. But who knows...

Regardless, I can count on one hand the number of sunny days we've had here since mid-October. Spring can't come soon enough.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 0:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:
Geez, even when we here in Cleveland top the "worst lists," folks out there still can't let us win! Next you'll be telling me that the Browns and the Indians aren't among the worst pro sports teams in existence. I can already hear it..."sure your river caught fire multiple times but it wasn't Chernobyl..."

If you only make a 10 worst list for weather, consider yourself fortunate. I'll trade you our distinction--(but for once, glad not to be on one so we'll skip weather). Otherwise, if you check out most any of the 10 or 20 or 50 worst lists, am sure you will find Fresno and most of the other Central Calif cities on the bottom and conversely, if you check out the list of cities with highest or worst incidence of X or Y or whatever, you will also find us at the top. We just can't win, no matter which list and which end we're on.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 9:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
It is now 5:15 PM here in Central Penna. we lucked out and only got six inches of snow. I just got in the door, the snowblower and I finished relocating the snow.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/10 17:19
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
Maybe some one will build either a straight eight powered snow-blower or go fer broke and do it up right with a Merlin.

Attach file:

jpg  (20.68 KB)
2260_4b7332162ea64.jpg 384X288 px

Posted on: 2010/2/10 17:25
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I couldn't do anything for the last 5 days first it snowed about 22 inches then power and cable went out. No heat no light no Packard info. Got snow blower out to take care of snow then fire wood for fire hooked up portable generator had light and power for furnace. Then another 5 inches of snow.Missed my brothers birthday also
Now the bad news body man could not open doors on his shop no progress on my projects paint job.
Then this morning power came back on internet back up at least get to waste time keeping me busy reading stacked up emails and other computer additions.

Posted on: 2010/2/10 19:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Guscha, You should consider moving to northern Ontario. Very little snow this year and very mild!

Attach file:

jpg  (18.94 KB)
13_4b7c8f088de60.jpg 396X297 px

Posted on: 2010/2/17 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
AL: It seems that here in Pa if you live North of Rt 80 we didn't get near as much snow as locations such as yours did.

Here in the Williamsport Area there is a bout six inches on the ground. I hope that when spring comes the snow melts very slowly so there is no flooding for you people down there.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/17 21:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I have a new way to spend my days wake up read the paper drink my coffee and toast. Then I put on my coat and boots start the snowblower and clean the drive way and sidewalk then any thing else I want to do. Miss the days when I did not have to clean the snow if the rivers flood it will not get me as I live on the topo of a nice hill good for keeping away from floods not good when it gets windy though.
Had to help my sisiter in law this aftternoon as she has water leaking in from ice build up on roof I have been lucky on that front so far
My wife was from Ebensburg / Altoona area she is use to snow most of the winter we in Southwestern Pa do not see this type of weather normally
Will try and get over to check on my paint job in the morning

Attach file:

jpg  (102.06 KB)
252_4b7caaf558719.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/2/17 21:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jt fugere
See User information
Ever considered a snowboard?

Posted on: 2010/2/17 21:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
No I am to dang old for a snow board.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/2/17 22:03
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved