Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
208 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 206

William Grosz, Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: New Packard Concept Introduced in Geneva
Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
If this beast represents Zagato's understanding of classic American luxury, I would say that the firm ought to stick with designing coachwork for Fiat and Lancia.

Posted on: 2010/3/3 2:05
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
What I don't understand is the need for the insect-a-soid headlights. Frenched headlights didn't look good on the late forties Lincoln and they dont look good here. Does no modern designer have access to Pierce-Arrow pictures. Or any late thirties-early forties car pictures showing how the rounded pod lights were fared into fenders?

I do like the the side view where the glass is. It kinda reminds me of the Lebaron town car with the sharp front edges and the rounded third side glass. The wide sill is another matter. It reminds me of the late forties Buicks. As far as I'm concerned the styling of the late forties Caddys and Buicks remind me of neuvoux riche bloated, fat ladies at a buffet.

Oh yeah, I dare anyone to not do an ab crunch getting into-out of the front seat with that sill.

Posted on: 2010/3/3 8:39
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan
See User information
Packard's been out of business for many years, so it's a given that any new Packard will be that in name only.

Why do all these designs using the name try to evoke Packards from the past, then?

Why not do a 21st century Packard that uses some design elements (e.g. grill with "shoulders", red hexagons), but reflects what a Packard might have been had it survived until the present day as a company?

Again, all this is my humble opinion....

Posted on: 2010/3/3 14:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
IMO it looks bloated, pretentious and inelegant, completely the opposite of what Packard was in it's prime.

Posted on: 2010/3/3 16:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The car and the pictures I posted aren't of a new Packard concept car. I thought that by now someone would have done some research and found out more about this car.

This car is the Bufori Geneva which was introduced at the 2010 Geneva Auto Show. The Bufori car company is owned by Anthony Khouri. The Geneva will be hand built in Australia
with limited production of 60 units a year. The Geneva will be sold in South East Asia, the Middle East, China and India. In the article it stated that it would be doubtful of any being imported to the USA.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/3/3 18:29
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Glad it's not been given the Packard name, though the radiator grille shape is somewhat suggestive of classic Packards, albeit oversized and pretentious.

I also see a '40's White Truck radiator grille in that shape.

Either way, it's not a wonderful design, but wonderful design doesn't seem to be critical now. Italian design houses don't have a good feel for large sedan styling.

Steve

Posted on: 2010/3/3 20:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
I should have also stated that the Geneva wasn't designed by Zagato.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2010/3/3 20:57
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
Friends

In the words of Pininn Farina " Prewar cars are greyhounds, postwar cars are bulldogs"

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2010/3/3 23:39
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved