Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
190 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 190

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 - 1941 OD Throttle Guard "Dashpot" question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
RE: 338245 Dashpot - Need replacement/rebuild information. Can someone please advise current interchange for this dashpot - Rumor has it there is a 60's Pontiac that does the trick functionally, or is there experience to share in rebuilding the diaphragm in the original, and/or a source for a replacement cap? Mine is cracked and I would like to replace the diaphragm or whole unit as you may suggest. Thanks! PS - the current unit (original?) is has a trico cast cover - surely this was not only for Packard? 39-41 Caddy??

Posted on: 2010/4/17 23:42
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 - 1941 OD Throttle Guard "Dashpot" question
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Lowell Fast
See User information
What was your solution to your dash pot problem? How does one test the diaphragm? I put vacuum on the vacuum port and no action. How do you take apart. Are diaphragms available?

Lowell
39-120/ overdrive.

Posted on: 2012/4/15 23:24
1939 - 120 ,4 dr / overdrive
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved