Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
223 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 222

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

toeboard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
All right, I surrender. I know it's in there but I cannot locate the toeboard in the 55-56 parts manual. I initially assumed it was under Brakes, but can't find it there. Then I looked under Floor, but no luck there either. This is the toeboard with hole(s) accomodating the Bendix treadlevac. It is held in place by five sheetmetal screws and washers. A large to the sleuth who discovers the group number for this item.

Posted on: 2010/7/2 23:23
 Top  Print   

Re: toeboard
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
3.1125 should be it. Section 3hree, Cl and Trans section about page 18. Note that PMCC incorrectly refers to it as a "cover".

Posted on: 2010/7/3 9:27
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
That's it - thanks Keith! And thanks to Guscha for remembering who found it the first time around

Posted on: 2010/7/3 11:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm glad Guscha remembered too because i had forgotten about it. Now, if i could only find that bottle of wine i've been sipping on all afternoon then maybe i could finish mowing the lawn by sundown.

Posted on: 2010/7/3 14:57
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Gerd, welcome to my normal July-Sept temperature! (105-110 in the garage when it's been closed up all day)

But I am sure the humidity there is much worse.

Posted on: 2010/7/3 16:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Thursday was a chilly 114 degrees and dew point at 58. I always laugh when reading how people who do not live in the desert-southwest think cars ought to cool, and especially how they should work with air-conditioning installed.

Summer is tough on the cars' and owners alike! But winter is good because you don't have to shovel sunshine.

Jim

Posted on: 2010/7/3 17:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Gerd, you have made me smile this morning. No, we are not a tribe of nomadic sand dwellers. With that said, your image of the dunes is very similar to the sand dunes about 100 miles southwest near Yuma.

As far as the trees and foliage here, it's a mix. We have 3 story tall mature pine trees and 14 citrus trees (oranges, lemons, and grapefruit). You can see the picture of the house across from us has a couple of mature saguaro cactus in the front. We have trees and grass because we are flood irrigated. At times, it's 118 - 119 degrees and the entire property is under 10"-12" of water. Kind of like an oasis.

As a side note, GM, Ford, Caterpillar, and formally International Harvester along with now defunct manufacturers have / had desert proving grounds here for desert condition R&D and extreme heat condition vehicle testing.

Anyway, it is always fascinating to see how the climate is in various Packard sales districts. I bet Randy could tell us a few below 0 degree F. stories about PA. I am sure some of our Siberian friends have some whether to deal with also.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.05 KB)
169_4c30b80b574ea.jpg 448X336 px

jpg  (32.34 KB)
169_4c30b81dee17c.jpg 448X336 px

jpg  (28.09 KB)
169_4c30b836af7e9.jpg 448X336 px

Posted on: 2010/7/4 11:35
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved