Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
173 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 173

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Fuel Consumption - '56 Patrician
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I rather expect all the big cars were comparable within a mile or two. 8-10 in the city sounds about right if others here are reporting around 15 on the road.

Thinking back, I don't think that 51 I drove thru high school even got near 8-10--of course a lead footed teenager didn't help either.

Posted on: 2010/9/24 18:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55clipper
See User information
First time I took my caribbean for a ride after rebuilding the engine, I filled the tank ran about 50 miles and ran out of gas. I didn't have the proper carbs then and was using two carbs that were used on 400s. Since that time, I put on a single carb manifold and have doubled my mileage

Posted on: 2010/9/24 22:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
G'day Mates,

Time for that mileage update I promised. Unfortunately, figures were a bit over the shop but I achieved a best of AUS 19.6 mpg (US 16.3) and a worst of AUS 13.2 mpg (US 11), the worst involving some urban areas and hills. Mostly it was around 18 mpg. This is better than before the distributor was redone. The timing was set at approx 9 degrees and remembering the vac advance is now approx 20 degrees, torque seemed to be pretty good and pinging was rarely experienced. However, I'm suspicious of the carby now as there was some hestitation during the speed build up phase, although it's fine at cruising speed (55 - 60 mph). Also, the carby is "wet" around the accelerator pump area and there is petrol staining on the manifold underneath. It's off to a carby expert methinks.

Cheers, JP

Posted on: 2010/10/11 1:44
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved