Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

Tom (Packin31), Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: battery cut off switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
NAPA also stocks them, but at a considerable price markup over buying direct. Snyders (the Ford guys) listed them in 2006 at $20 each, no doubt more now if still the same switch.

PS - just browsed the Cole-Hersee website catalog for battery disconnect switches, and there are many of them. The heaviest duty one I saw, model #75908 single pole, is rated at 2000 amps intermittent duty.

http://www.colehersee.com/sitemap/index.htm

PS - they also have quite an assortment of other electrical auto switches, headlight & foglite switches, brake light switches, dimmer switches, and many more.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 15:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul E. Gallagher
See User information
Thanks for all of the replies and interest.

I took her out for a 30-40 minute spin tonight and then re-tightened all of the connections when I got home, while everything was still warm. I seemed to work fine and no parts were overly hot.

I still think the Battery Brain was designed for positive ground. As an example, the main switch mounts on the positive terminal with a small lead going to the negitive (to complete the circuit for the switch?) Any tampering is supposed to cut the switch off as a theft deterrent. But on my set up (with positive ground) if I removed the small lead, the switch stayed on, rather the turning off.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 19:52
'49 Deluxe Eight - 23rd Series
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I really like the Cole-Hersee battery switches, they still make things the old-fashioned way, rugged as can be. We used their battery switches in the collection I worked at, we had dozens of their switches in use and never so much as a problem. I worry that one day someone at Cole-Hersee will die, the business will be sold and some business school prick will take over and that will be the end of it. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted on: 2010/9/9 8:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved