Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
186 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 186

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 54 packard clipper transmission
Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Eric, I was comparing a modern used car to running a really OLD one. I don't buy new cars either, especially because of the depreciation. If you can get away with driving with 10mpg, you must not have a bad commute. I would go broke driving my Packard to and from work with a 150 mile round trip commute. Driving around town or short trips though is a lot of fun in an old car.

If you check the FAQ on this website, there is a very good write up about the theories involved in each type of fluid.

Posted on: 2010/9/15 18:22
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Welcome to Packard Info! Neat car. When you get a chance, take a look at Big Kev's project blog. Should be very informative. You will find very helpful dedicated folks here.

Jim

Posted on: 2010/9/15 21:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
Eric, I was comparing a modern used car to running a really OLD one. I don't buy new cars either, especially because of the depreciation. If you can get away with driving with 10mpg, you must not have a bad commute. I would go broke driving my Packard to and from work with a 150 mile round trip commute. Driving around town or short trips though is a lot of fun in an old car.

I understand that, and realize that I consider any car made after 1970 or so as "new", which is why I won't own one.

And no, I don't drive 150 miles to work and back, never did. I learned a long time ago to live as close to a job as possible. It cuts down on travel time, wear and tear on a vehicle, and fuel costs. I know some people can't possibly do this, but I've always found a way. 10mpg doesn't bother me one bit when it's a 15 mile round trip TOPS.

Posted on: 2010/9/16 13:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved