Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
204 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 204

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: 22nd Series Seats Restoration
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Also, this may seem a silly question, but remember i am a beginner and learning, is:-
Between the front seat and back seat, when top down, you have a glass mini window, what is the correct name for this?

Posted on: 2010/11/12 11:41
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Do you mean and dual-cowl equipped car, or a dual-windshield? (no cowl).

In closed limos you also had a divider window between the driver and the passengers.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 12:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Yes the divider window. Is it then a Cowl ? its only small in hieght. When seeking to repair, do i ask for divider window ? for super eight conv 48.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 12:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
For the 22nd and 23rd series convertibles Packard offered a rear tonneau windscreen for their convertibles, they are EXTREMELY RARE! Don't know if that's what you've got, but I believe the accessory is pictured in the promotional materials Packard printed for those cars.

I've seen ONE in all my years of looking at Packards. There have been some attempts to repro parts of that accessory though I don't know how successful those attempts were. I'm searching for a photo of the accessory, will edit this post if I can locate one.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 12:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Yes Sounds like the one I saw in a picture. Yes please let me know if available as repro ?

Posted on: 2010/11/12 20:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Rear tonneau windscreen for the 22nd/23rd series convertibles. Sorry it took a while to find a photo, but that just shows how rare an accessory it was. Thanks to Stuart Blond of PAC for the photo.

Attach file:

jpg  (95.46 KB)
177_4cde8c2201b8a.jpg 900X600 px

Posted on: 2010/11/13 7:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Oh wow, thanks Owen. yes that's it . Sure hope it gets available as repro one day.

Posted on: 2010/11/13 8:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

J.R. Buzzell
See User information
Now I own a 23rd series Deluxe 8 and my seats had been redone before I bought the car. Now, I see that you are obviously going to be repainting the car. I myself would try to keep the entire car as original as possible. You said the color was Code H, or was that a suggestion? I do agree with other posters, however, that you should have the seats professionally redone, and should keep the car one of the factory colors, maybe just a few tone bits off if you really wanted, too. Is your dash board painted the same color as the exterior? If it is you will probably need to repaint that as well. I believe that white leather was an interior trim, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Do you actually have that divider window accessory in your car? Good luck!

Posted on: 2010/11/13 10:28
J.R. Buzzell

1949 23rd Series Deluxe Eight Touring Sedan
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=867
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary Marshall
See User information
Of the packard colors, did they ever do a light green ?

Posted on: 2010/11/13 15:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
the PAC site has the color charts. I think there was a fairly wretched pea soup green, rarely seen

Posted on: 2010/11/13 15:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved