Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 132

Marty or Marston, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Frigiking A/C HELP
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BillW
See User information
I need an wiring diagram for a under dash Frigiking (model 1970 sportster I think? that's all I could find).The switches were pull out so I need to rewire the whole thing.
I've got three leg resistor,two off stat switch,two from motor a (+)&(-)and three out of unit two are ? third goes to stat
Thanks for any help BillW

Posted on: 2010/11/8 9:31
 Top  Print   

Re: Frigiking A/C HELP
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Try eBay for a service manual. tHat's where i got my Mark IV manual.

But u don't really need a wireing diagram. A good guess will make it work:

3 leg rheostat: It control the fan motor. 1 wire is feed from from ignition switch. 2 nd wire to fan motor. a third wire feeds the rest of the switches.

Thermostat: One wire goes to compressor clutch. second wire is feed from rheostat switch.

One of the fan motor wires goes to ground.

There is probably a lite involved too. That would be turned off and on by the rhostat switch.

What kind of car is on????

Posted on: 2010/11/8 10:10
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As PV8 says, it is a basic circuit but there are some variations. Unsure from your description if you have the blower switch with the resistors attached or if you have an on/off and separate resistor block. Here is a schematic showing separate resistor block. Pick your own colors and wire as shown. If you have the switch with resistors then the blower would connect to the H terminal on that switch instead of resistor block.

If you have a single on/off & speed switch, then one side the thermostat will attach to the C terminal on that switch instead of the separate switch the schematic shows, otherwise the same.

Attach file:

jpg  (62.95 KB)
209_4cd81851b3792.jpg 1200X895 px

jpg  (22.69 KB)
209_4cd8185ace950.jpg 389X426 px

Posted on: 2010/11/8 10:39
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BillW
See User information
It's going to end up in a 1955 clipper super panama.
thanks for the help!

Posted on: 2010/11/8 10:48
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BillW
See User information
Thanks for all the help!Will let you know how it work out.
BillW

Posted on: 2010/11/8 10:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Just out of curiosity is that a FrigiKing wireing diagram or from some other unit???? Maybe a factory Packard diagram???

Posted on: 2010/11/8 11:11
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
One of the less expensive early AMC factory units but basic hang ons are all about the same.

Differences usually is age and type of blower. Unless a single speed, the older motors with two wires use something with resistors like this or a simple rheostat. 53-4 Packards used the resistor block because of confined control box, 55-6 Packard used rheostat. Stude's with hang ons I have info for, rheostat. Cheap but effective -- downside is heat dissipation - fairly large & resistors have to be in the airflow or in the open.

Later aftermarket units with motors having 4 or 5 wires use same basic multiposition switch but no resistors and feed field coil differently. Less current & no hot resistor to worry about.

Posted on: 2010/11/8 11:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved