Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 207

DavidM, kevinpackard, Duane Gunn, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Accelerator Linkage Adjustment
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
Bernardi, I've downloaded and printed-off SB #340 and the linkage looks pretty straight in this diagram. Cheers, John

Posted on: 2010/12/17 19:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
John -

Are we looking at the same part? Owen Dyneto a few posts above has a jpeg of SB#340. The views A and B show two parts joined at an angle. I think these are the parts shown in JP's photos.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2010/12/18 1:39
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Bernardi -

The side elevation view of the linkage, as shown in SSB No. 340, may be confusing you - perhaps because it was drawn as an X-ray view.

The isometric, exploded view of Carburetor Control, from the 55-56 parts book, should help you understand this better:

Click to see original Image in a new window

The small carburetor-to-transmission cross shaft rod (Gr. 9.156) actually runs behind (and at an angle to) the carburetor throttle operating rod (Gr. 9.135).

Also, there are two separate levers involved. One is part of the accelerator lever assembly (Gr. 9.11372) and the other is part of the transmission cross shaft assembly (Gr. 9.156).

Not sure why they drew the carburetor throttle operating rod assembly twice, though; just ignore it. Also, the throttle operating rod does not actually run beneath the trans cross shaft.

Posted on: 2010/12/18 11:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
BH -

Thanks for the illustration and explanation. It clears up the point.

I'd like to compliment again the web master for setting up this site, the many contributors who have provided technical material and all the folks who post questions and answers here. It is a wonderful source of information, particularly valuable as there aren't too many Packard factory trained technicians (I believe they were known as mechanics in the 50s) still available.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2010/12/18 17:48
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved