Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
273 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 271

David Timberlake, Ernie Vitucci, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Super Bowl Commerical
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I dont know who Chrysler is using for their Ad Agency....but Bravo!

Posted on: 2011/2/8 14:02
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello BigKev:

From today's Detroit Free Press:
http://www.freep.com/article/20110208/BUSINESS01/102080380/Chrysler-Super-Bowl-ad-How-all-came-together?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"...Chrysler's ad agency, Wieden+Kennedy of Portland, Ore."

"Kevin Yon, 59, of Rockford narrated the inaugural "Imported from Detroit" commercial during the Super Bowl on Sunday. Christopher Roddy, 53, the greeter outside the Guardian Building in Detroit, gave that serious nod during filming that took four days in early January. Alissa Czisny -- the 23-year-old 2009 and 2011 U.S. ladies champion from the Detroit Skating Club -- twirled on the ice at Campus Martius. The finale went to Eminem, with backup from the Selected of God Choir from Praise Tabernacle of Grosse Pointe. By all accounts, the commercial was a sensation and a success."

Posted on: 2011/2/8 14:46
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dadoc
See User information
WOW...that's as good as President Reagan's Morning in America commercial!!!

Posted on: 2011/2/8 23:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R Anderson
See User information
Fabulous ad, and Chrysler had fabulous cars for decades; I know, I've owned them, from '57 to '81, starting with a 300C convertible. There will never be another Packard, but I wish Chrysler all the best in recapturing that unique brilliance that was lost sometime during the dismal 70s. Let this be the start of a new era for Detroit.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 10:55
56 Clipper Deluxe survivor
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The ad is basically the talk of the town here in the Detroit area. My daughter in Washington state saw it and was impressed. Lets hope it helps translate into sales and jobs for the country.

Posted on: 2011/2/9 15:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
What great commercials which bring back many happy memories. I remember Detroit as it was in the 1950's and attended the Fox when it was a movie theatre. I worked at Chrysler Canada in 1964 to finance my schooling. My first car was a 1952 Chrysler Windsor, slower than molasses in January with the flathead six and semi auto transmission but built like a tank. In the absence of Packard I felt that Chryslers were the best in those years. I hope that it finds its way to its former reputaion for quality and finds prosperity in the Detroit/Windsor area where it began..

Posted on: 2011/2/9 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
BigKev,

Thanks for a the link to a GREAT commercial.

A little off topic, but it reminds me of another clip I ran across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPA8fGeRUc&feature=related

Regards,

Dave

Posted on: 2011/2/13 14:17
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved