Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 217

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Ultramatic Delay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Cort, you are right the spring valve thing in my tranny was ground off as per that service bulletin. I don't know what was causing the delay, but the transmission shop called late Friday and said it was all ready to go! I have a meeting after work on Monday so it'll have to be Tuesday for the reunion. The car has been there since the week before Halloween!! When I pick up the car I will ask specifics regarding the delay and how it was remedied, that way if anyone else has this issue, we'll all know what the deal was with mine. Who knows, this might help somebody else down the line. If you guys have a minute Tuesday afternoon, send positive thoughts my way as I will driving the car 50 miles home! Just a tad nervous as I have driven her very little since owning her...

Posted on: 2011/2/13 18:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Good luck! Keep it under 70mph and you won't be working her too hard If they've test driven her and she starts off well and locks up that the right point and doesn't make funny noises and no slip or delay, hell, what else could go wrong?

*knock on wood*

I'm a generator issue and carb leak issue away from my test drive...i know how you feel! I've been pleased with how everything has gone so far (except 2 frigging freeze plugs seeping, but i'll get around to fixing them.)

Posted on: 2011/2/13 22:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
I will take your advice!! Under 70 it is... I have several other things on the to do list as well. I plan to send the fuel pump to be rebuilt so I will know that the ethanol won't leave me on the side of the road! I also needed to tap the carb with a screwdriver handle. Seems the needle and floats were sticking. so I plan to have the carb done too. Last, I plan to have new white walls put on, because I have no idea how old the tires on the car are. They look good, but who knows... and they are bias ply and a crack in the roads surface can pull the car pretty dramatically! I think that will be it, though she may have other plans... Good luck with your's too!!

Posted on: 2011/2/13 22:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved