Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 220

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Beware of dealings with former member Eric
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
Today there was a 1938 Super Eight hood for sale on eBay that was put for sale by Eric a former member here(turbopackman). The thing is he was loaned the hood to see if it would work on his "Project" He told the owner of this hood he would bring it back because he was not going to use it. He was also paying on time for 1-2 Super Eight engines from the same man and stopped paying before they were paid for in full. Instead he put the hood on eBay with a starting bid of $300. The same thing happen to me with a pair of 1934 Packard Rear fenders. He also received from me a cowl to use on his "Project". At that time I told him not to worry about it, I do not want much for the parts. (At the end he told me that he thought that don't worry meant I gave the parts to him). I had bought a lot of old parts on eBay and the fenders and the cowl were among them. I bought them in Ohio in the middle of Winter, drove in snow to get them. Drove back to Alabama, And then delivered them to his house in Kansas 1600 miles at less than 10 mpg for my truck with trailer, 3 days at a hotel and food, and three solid days of driving. I work for a living, and then working on my Packards as I have money, I don't have parts just to give away but I also like inerfacing with others that share the same joy as I. He was out of work at the time of the parts I took to Kansas,by fate he was laid off from the very Cessna plant I had been laid off from way back in 1986. I should have known better but rarely have I dealt with people like this in the Packard hobby. And I felt for the guy. Oh when I found the rear fenders on eBay and Craigslist he had a beginning bid of $500 and a BIN of $1500. I called him and confronted him and I told him he needed to pay me the $100 that I originally would have sold them to him. Also $200 for the 1936 Packard Conv. Sedan Cowl he cut up for his "Project" He said that was a fair price. but he could not pay me right then. Same story he told a year earlier. Well angry words was exchanged and here we are. He is doing it to a Packard Mechanic I have had work on my Packards for over 30 years, So when I saw my friends hood on eBay today with a starting bid of $300, I wanted to make others aware, I believe in Caveat Emptor but only if you have all the facts.
I know that he had some friends here and thats okay. And if you bought the 34 fenders from him, thats okay too but you really did not get that great of a deal, as he had nothing in them. Time or money. If I find out that indeed he sold him on here I will not do anything, as I have gone on, and good luck with them. But I also think others should be aware of the good faith dealings he does not follow through with. And deal with knowledge in any dealings with him. His eBay id is 1956carib I think he has used others also. Incidently the hood ended today without a bid.

Posted on: 2011/2/13 18:08
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved