Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 232

Tobs, todd landis, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1950-1954 Fuel Tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
I looked today and I do indeed have a new fuel tank that comes with my Derham. I had offered before to make the tank available as a pattern or mould if someone wants to make new tanks. It does have some storage rust on surface, as it has been stored in the basement for thirty years. Rust wipes off and it looks like some kind of undercoat was applied to bottom of tank and filler neck. I don't believe this tank was ever mounted on a car or filled with fuel from my quick look-see today.

I also kind of recall a request for measurements and photographs. Is that still on?

Keegan or Jim in Oregon?

Posted on: 2011/2/22 18:55
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950-1954 Fuel Tanks
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It's actually 51-56 tanks and believe Jim has found his. Keegan is working on mods to a Chevy replacement which has issues but appears to be our best option if the replacement tank co's are not interested in our fairly small market. Jim had made some inquiries toward that end.

If you're willing, some pertinent dimensions and good photos for reference would surely help in confirming a replacement if something that looks promising should pop up unexpectedly.

Posted on: 2011/2/22 20:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950-1954 Fuel Tanks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
I can make the photographs and post them before the end of the week. Knew these guys had their plans going but wanted to see if plans had changed at all.

Anything in particular you want documented while I am doing this that may not be obvious to me?

Posted on: 2011/2/22 21:33
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved