Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
192 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 191

Pack120c, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: how to get power ant. down
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here's instructions for disassembly for older version. Yours very similar except for way coiled tube looks and attaches. I don't remember exactly how so you'll have to figure out. Once you get that off you can pull strip out and examine without taking ant section off motor. It should almost fill tubing--if markedly shorter, then broken. Look carefully for any worn spots that are thinner or chipped as compared to rest of strip--frequently there is kinda a half moon spot missing where the pinch rollers wore it away. If it appears Ok, then we'll move to next step.

Attach file:

jpg  (49.46 KB)
209_4790db9d60353.jpg 800X660 px

jpg  (57.45 KB)
209_4790dbaa31f70.jpg 620X800 px

Posted on: 2008/1/18 12:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Bump for easy access and reference to my antenna discussion.

Posted on: 2008/12/20 12:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
i unplugged the ant. from under the dash....there are two wires....one with a red strip at the end. i hooked them up to the battery terminals, only made clicking noises. if you reverse the cables it should reverse the rotation of the motor....but it still only clicked.

There was a post that explained what you are probably doing wrong but it was not very clear. Here goes.

Only one of the wires from the antenna motor should be connected to the battery at a time. The other connection (common connection) is the antenna body itself. The ground or common is picked up when the antenna is mounted to the fender. connect a jumper cable from one battery post to the frame of the antenna and the other battery to one of the wires coming out of the motor. One wire should make it extend and the other should make it contract for lack of a better word.

Edit: Looks like I should have read the rest of the posts before I chimed in.

Note: Mine sticks if I leave it up too long. It won't come down. Oil on the antenna helps but a good disassembly and cleaning would be a good idea.

Posted on: 2008/12/20 15:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved