Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 167

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Tissue Dispenser and Vanity mirror
Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Guys, I am wondering about the tissue dispenser in the photo just below and beyond the radio controls and a vanity mirror that has the Packard emblem along with frosted areas to write the mileage, etc, on. Are those Packard accessories or are they period add ons?

Attach file:

jpg  (46.61 KB)
2923_4d6afb2e9b762.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/2/27 20:32
 Top  Print   

Re: Tissue Dispenser and Vanity mirror
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
This mirror is an accessory but haven't found the tissue dispenser anywhere yet.

Attach file:

jpg  (22.81 KB)
209_4d6afe1127cb2.jpg 370X409 px

Posted on: 2011/2/27 20:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
Well alright! That is the mirror on the passenger visor. The tissue thing is attached to the underside of the dash. It has a flip up door across the front that lifts to reveal a box of tissue. The wood grain appears to match the rest of the dash so I wondered if it came from Packard... Thanks for letting me know about the mirror!

Posted on: 2011/2/27 20:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
23rd series had a factory accessory tisue dispenser available. There have been a number of them on eBay in the last 6 months. NO PACKARD EMBLEM on the face, just woodgrain.

Posted on: 2011/2/27 22:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Weeks
See User information
That is correct, mine is just wood grain with some ridges in the metal I think. If there have been several on eBay, I assume they are not too rare. Oh well, thought I'd won the lotto!! The one in my car has the oldest tissues I have ever seen in it, I would never use one of the nasty things! Thanks for the info!

Posted on: 2011/2/27 22:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I have an Olds vanity mirror that is identicle to the one pictured above. Has an Olds crest instead of Packard Crest.

Posted on: 2011/2/27 23:29
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
They are somewhat rare, but the internet lets us all see whats available.

Posted on: 2011/2/28 9:09
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
I am sorry to bring up such an old post but I'd like to know what year did Packard offer that vanity mirror?

Posted on: 2014/8/4 12:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Packard offered vanity mirrors at least as far back as 1938, perhaps even further back though I don't see them listed as an accessory in 1934. And they offered them at least up thru 1954 and probably 1958. There may have been some minor differences but essentially they all look pretty much to be the same.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 12:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is the 55-6 version of mirror. The tissue dispenser seems to be quite the odd accessory. I still haven't found it shown in any accessory catalogs while the mirror is in all postwar lists. Might be interesting to know why some accessories were determined to be worthy of the catalogs and others not.

Attach file:

jpg  (48.35 KB)
209_53dfd1712be08.jpg 732X514 px

Posted on: 2014/8/4 13:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved