Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Clutch throw out bearing part # help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Dear all,

I have had to get a replacement throw out bearing assembly for my 733. The one I found has the correct fit in the clutch sleeve, so it seems like it will work. However, the part number on the 'oil sleeve' is odd. According to the parts book 6th-9th series TO oil sleeve is 176894, while the 900 and 10th series is 196580. The part # on the TO I have is 196578.

Do any of you have any service letters that mention a running change for the TO during this time period? Or any idea about the part # discrepancy?

Thanks,

Tom

Posted on: 2011/3/24 11:04
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Re: Clutch throw out bearing part # help
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Don't know how much help this is, but Hollander's gives their interchange as bearing #A477 for Packard 1929 thru 1934. Same bearing for 27-33 Cadillac, 32-34 Franklin (some models), 31-33 LaSalle, 36-37 Lincoln, 32-37 Pierce-Arrow, and 27-32 Reo (some models).

EDIT: Took a look at a retired throwout bearing I had for my 34 Eight, made by BCA (Bearing Corp. of America), bearing #2E. This is of course an open bearing that is lubricated by the Bijur system via short hose link and a very restrictive drip plug. There is a replacement fully-sealed bearing that most folks substitute these days, and then just crimp off the Bijur line.

I see nothing in the 7th-12th series service letters on topic other than for the Light Eight bearing lubrication.

Posted on: 2011/3/24 13:13
 Top  Print   

Re: Clutch throw out bearing part # help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mathew Rattray
See User information
I realise this is an old thread, but does anyone have the part number details on the replacement fully sealed bearing that replaced the BCA 2E? I currently have my gearbox out and replace the throw out bearing and have been searching online with no luck. My bijur system was disconnected when I purchased the car over 10yrs ago, so for the past 10+ years that bearing has been getting no lubrication.

Cheers,
Mat

Posted on: 2016/8/5 8:06
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved