Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 216

William Grosz, Ross, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

PAC's Fifth Henry Joy Tour
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
PAC's Fifth Henry Joy Tour will be held in New Jersey in September of this year. I've been on several of these, as has Randy Berger and perhaps some others of you. These are primarily driving tours, no competition, no judging, no formalities - just touring over mostly backroads to interesting venues and lot's of evening parking lot "tire kicking". Typical attendance in prior years has been approximately 100 people, 50 or so Packards of which about 1/2 have been prewar. I believe last year (at Saratoga Springs NY) we had 5 or 6 Packard that were pre-1930.

I've been mapping out routes thru Warren and Hunterdon Counties for Monday, September 12th (my day of responsibility) when we'll be visiting the well-known restoration shop, Automotive Restorations (a shop we've featured pictures from many times on these pages)in Cokesbury, then lunch at an 18th century farm in Pohatcong Township, and then down to sleepy little Frenchtown, a small charming victorian Delaware River town. We'll be seeing parts of New Jersey that most folks, even NJ residents, have seldom if ever seen. No Interstates, very few State highways, mostly bucolic County highways and sleepy scenic backcountry lanes thru rural farming country. These are perfect routes for older cars, especially for older prewar cars. Here are a few pictures, one of the restoration shop and several of our lunch stop at the farm. Farm photos courtesy of Bob Gluck. Total touring miles for this day will be about 80 miles.

I've also visited our host hotel, the Holiday Inn Select in Clinton, NJ. A very lovely hotel, great location, very anxious to please us, and accommodations at a very good price.

I hope to see as many of you as possible with your Packards in September. Of course you need to be a member of PAC to participate, but you do not need to be a member of any region. Think about it - these are really wonderful opportunities to tour in our cars with other Packard lovers. As has been the prior practice, if any excess funds remain, a donation to the Packard Proving Grounds will be made.

Attach file:

jpg  (197.22 KB)
177_4d9b47a1be733.jpg 1165X1600 px

jpg  (166.45 KB)
177_4d9b47ac93074.jpg 1216X1569 px

jpg  (274.51 KB)
177_4d9b47c49ccfa.jpg 1500X997 px

jpg  (326.02 KB)
177_4d9b47d367933.jpg 1500X997 px

jpg  (307.18 KB)
177_4d9b47deba376.jpg 1500X997 px

jpg  (100.37 KB)
177_4d9b47eac89c4.jpg 1350X503 px

Posted on: 2011/4/5 11:50
 Top  Print   

Re: PAC's Fifth Henry Joy Tour
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
bump

Posted on: 2011/4/5 22:10
 Top  Print   

Re: PAC's Fifth Henry Joy Tour
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I have been on two HBJ tours. The first one I attended was in western Pa up thru Oil City and on into New York's wine making region. We got a tour of GE's locomotive facility in Erie and I learned a trick about torquing cylinder heads. There were prewar and postwar Packards and Chuck Flinchbaugh and Dwight Heinmuller guided us thru a really fun week.
My second one was up in Victor NY and was even better. I have videos of many of us driving our Packards on Watkins Glen race track. All in all, something that HBJ himself would enjoy. He thoroughly enjoyed driving his Packards and I am looking to continue the excursions on this upcoming HBJ tour. It is always great to finally meet some Packard folk that have only been names in magazines and on forums. If you do attend, make sure you come over and give me a poke in the ribs and introduce yourself. I keep plenty of cashews in the trunk and a spare chair to park your carcass.
I have had more fun in Packards, but that was in the back seat and is a story for another time.

Posted on: 2011/4/6 1:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved