Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 215

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

55-56 upper control arm bushings
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I just purchased eight upper control arm bushings from ROCKAUTO. The Patrician needed them and they were so cheap I bought a spare set. TRW 12309. Eight bushings and shipping for $30.58. You can't have too many spares.

Posted on: 2011/4/24 23:10
 Top  Print   

Re: 55-56 upper control arm bushings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Randy -

Thanks for the info.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2011/4/25 23:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Has anyone else ordered stuff from Rock?

Their site has had peculiar features, like asking me which engine my 56 Patrician has, which left me wondering if they knew what they were doing. Verbal contact was with a complete airhead.....

It would be nice to know they are reliable,,,if they are....

Posted on: 2011/4/26 12:17
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No experience buying parts from them, but they have been very generous in their support of local car shows. They provided my local show with a discount on our meet plaques, about 500 refrigerator magnets, and several gift certificates to raffle off. And they've done this for several years.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 12:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Apparently RB had good results with Rockauto. I've no experience with them. Many of the teen, 20 and 30 somethings here in the area deal with them quite often for their 80's Jap projects, rats, drifters etc. Guess i need to give Rock a try too for my projects.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:07
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I haven't dealt with them either but have looked at several of their listings. The one that stands out as incorrect was shocks for 55-6. They list the same ones for both as well as for earlier years (as do many other stores). We know in the case of 55-6, they are not the same and will not just bolt in on one of those years without some work and additional adapters. I did not see adapters listed as needed or maybe available.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Went over to pick up my car from servicing and they tell me I need upper control arm bushings. The only listings I can turn on the Rock site are for 1956 Non Torsion Bar cars.

That's exactly what bothers me.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:43
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
My experience and I think others will concur that unless you have an exceptional counter man, you're generally far better off identifying the part #s you need yourself and ordering by part#, and not asking them to ID it for your application.

Randy has identified TRW 12309, I believe the ones I used on my 5699 were MOOG K320 which the MOOG listing identifies as Packard 443244, also used 53-54 on various models. Other applications include Lincoln in the 50s and also in the 70s I believe.

I didn't check the parts book to see if there are any differences between 55/56, juniors/seniors, with and without TL, but that's easily checked out.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 14:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
PatGreen. Ther eis a "Packard parts x-ref" to click on at the LEFT side of the screen under Main Menue.

I will look up the number for the bushings i used in my 56 Exec bought at advance auto parts about 7 years ago.

Attempting to use ANY discount or auto parts store listings and numbers should be considered REFERENCE only. Best method is to cross check and double check part numbers and visual inspection of parts across as many resources as possible. THis is true of ANY classic vehicle.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 19:01
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Perfect Circle FB346:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Control-Arm-Bushing-Front/_/N-8oy1l?filterByKeyWord=FB346&fromString=search&isSearchByPartNumber=true

Note that RB and the X-ref indicates it is the same as somekind of a lincoln. Note that the link above has "Check The Fit" button to clik on.

DOuble check the info rather than trying to rely on just one part number. Auto parts and numbering and so forth changes about as often i change my socks.

Note that STANDARD suspension used a steel type bushing while TL uses a rubber bushing. Read the manual for details. Manual says TL bushings not replaceable. That is NOT true. Personaly i'd rather have the steel bushings but could not find them. So i used FB346 rubber.

Posted on: 2011/4/26 19:19
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved