Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
185 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 185

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

bushings and linkage rods
Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
The column shift on my '41 Clipper is so sloppy that I think I need to replace all the bushings and linkage rods from the transmission to the steering column shaft. They all seem to have some play and added together, there is way too much slop. It ended up in a lock-up and chipped gears once already. Does ayone know where new rods, shafts and bushing are avaliable? I don't see them at Max Merrit... If new stuff isn't available can they be rebuilt somehow?

Posted on: 2011/4/25 19:40
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Re: bushings and linkage rods
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Another poster was looking for the same items a few weeks ago for his car. Don't know how successful though. He had prepared a list of everything he needed and had ran into limited availability from the vendors as well.

Rod ends could probably have a sleeve installed over a worn end or be built up in some fashion but if Motor City Packards is still thinking about shift items to reproduce, it sounds as if a complete bushing set might be one to consider or some kind of repair kit for whichever component seems to need the common repair--rod ends or bushings.

Posted on: 2011/4/25 19:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: bushings and linkage rods
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The shift levers are available from Kanter Auto Products. The levers are one of the causes of your problems.

Posted on: 2011/4/25 20:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved