Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 200

jgrohn, CCR, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Battery Light
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jeremy B
See User information
Hey guys, I'm sure this topic has been covered before. My Battery light is not going off after the car is running and driving. I had just taken off the starter and replaced the tension pins inside.
Also, trans fluid leak. where can I get replacement seals (cheap)?
Thanks Much!

Posted on: 2011/4/30 9:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Battery Light
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The GEN (or is it BAT) light staying on indicates a problem with the generator (not the starter) or the generator regulator. You can do a quick easy check to determine which - locate the "Field" terminal at the regulator and temporarily ground it with a jumper. If the light goes out your problem is with the regulator; if not, it's probably the generator. Do not leave the jumper connected as a "fix"! Though regulators can sometimes be serviced, it's nearly an art and easier to buy a new one from NAPA or the like. Generators should periodically be checked for the conditions of the brushes, armature, and bearings/bushings. Lots of places that can do that for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Posted on: 2011/4/30 9:51
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Jeremy B
See User information
Thank you! I'll check that out!

Posted on: 2011/4/30 10:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
If you've taken the wires off, they can be reinstalled wrong, which will also make the light glow. Ask me how I know....

Posted on: 2011/5/1 19:26
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

bingster
See User information
This may be obvioius, but be sure the battery is oriented properly (ground strap to positive terminal, not negative terminal). As David says... Ask me how I know.

Posted on: 2011/5/3 18:47
Darrin ~ 2472
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved