Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
258 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 256

BigKev, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Clock 51
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If the knobs and other items thru the glass have been removed as others have mentioned, the clock will come out without removing anything else. The opening in the cluster is slightly smaller and odd shaped so you do have to slide the clock and rotate a bit for the face to clear but it does come out.

Posted on: 2011/6/2 18:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
You sure about that!!!!BHW

Posted on: 2011/6/2 18:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
You are right. I went back out and took it apart again.I got it thanks!Been too long since the resto, and it looked WAY too big to come out. Brian

Posted on: 2011/6/2 19:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Brians51
See User information
Cleaned the contacts,and wound it. It runs. I will have to wait till the morning and check my extra fuses to see if it winds. Thanks again. Brian

Posted on: 2011/6/2 19:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
There was a series on the clock about a month ago, with photos. The only tricky part was removing the winder stem. There is a small set screw in the middle of the knob, which is easy to remove, then the outer portion. The last piece is a chrome ring that you have to grab with a pair of pliers and pull off. A little (very little!) oil put on ahead of time will make things much easier. Then pull the instrumental panel out - make sure to disconnect the battery so you won't short things out when those frayed wires hit the edge of the dash. Then remove about 4 or 5 screws around the clock. You will have to loosen two circuit breakers as well. It is a good idea to have several extra screws handy - you will probably drop them about 2 million times putting the screws back in. A small screwdriver and a set of forceps to hold them in place until you can start them helps. Good luck.

Posted on: 2011/6/4 21:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved