Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 193

Don B, William Grosz, Paul E. Gallagher, Ross, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Dash lights
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Good luck Fred. Removing the seat is really a good first step. My back was cramped for several days after working on that dash - should have removed seat. And I have one more ring under my eyes than you do

Posted on: 2011/6/2 15:36
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Michal
See User information
I've been screwing up my courage to try removing my dash as well. I took a quick look and didn't spot any obvious screws or bolts to tackle; can someone give me a quick run-down on either pulling the dash or at least the instrument cluster on a '48?

Thanks much,

Posted on: 2011/6/2 19:40
Michal

Proud owner of a '48 2272 but I really wanted a club sedan?
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
If it is like the 49-50, remove the windshield molding on the inside. This should reveal the screws that hold the dash in from the top. I believe there are two large bolts at the bottom of the dash that go into the kick panel area. I removed the radio first, but found I had to remove the floor piece that covers the transmission. That gave me room to drop the radio down.

Posted on: 2011/6/2 21:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If similar to 47, believe there are also several more bolts attaching various components such as hood release, cowl vent, steering column, etc etc that also have to come off. None are terrible but the dash is awkward and bulky so a second set of hands would be nice. Protect the steering column with some padding and as has been mentioned, removal of the seat is not really necessary but helpful.

Posted on: 2011/6/2 21:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved