Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Type of Fuse for blower switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I have on occasion needed to replace the fuse holder due to increased resistance in the holder which is a heat source and the holder became warped by the heat, then the interior spring loaded ends fail to move their full range and some times the correct fuse will not fit.....Just a thought.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 9:00
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If that is what my blower switch is meant to be I don't know where mine came from. Was there any option for a pull switch as the one that is currently in my vehicle. It has a three stage pull I though was a low, med, and high. You learn new things all the time.

Most definitely not a Packard heater switch for 51-3 and some 54s. Those were the single speed toggle switch. On the picture you posted, you can see the original bullet connector which would have slid into one of the original switch terminals. Other one appears to be cut off. I suspect it is a switch available at the time from the local parts store similar to this one.

Attach file:

jpg  (26.53 KB)
209_4e26e5b357a70.jpg 559X584 px

jpg  (9.65 KB)
209_4e26e5bb74310.jpg 335X250 px

Posted on: 2011/7/20 9:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
I'm guessing this might go under the for sale and parts wanted section but since it completes the initial question posed I decided to add it here and if needed move it to a different place.
I've found a switch I purchased on Ebay and installed it using the original bullet connectors and just like that my blower motor works. The thing I'm missing is the fastener that holds the switch in place as the one that was installed is different. I'm considering just going to Ace Hardware as that is my place to find odds and ends for fasteners. If you have one I'm interested and if you think that the hardware store would be a better bet then that's is what I'll do. Thanks for the knowledge learning new things all the time.

Posted on: 2011/7/30 1:22
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

oregonstan wrote:
I'm guessing this might go under the for sale and parts wanted section but since it completes the initial question posed I decided to add it here and if needed move it to a different place.
I've found a switch I purchased on Ebay and installed it using the original bullet connectors and just like that my blower motor works. The thing I'm missing is the fastener that holds the switch in place as the one that was installed is different. I'm considering just going to Ace Hardware as that is my place to find odds and ends for fasteners. If you have one I'm interested and if you think that the hardware store would be a better bet then that's is what I'll do. Thanks for the knowledge learning new things all the time.

Just wondering if you found the proper mounting ring at Ace. I found a couple of relatively inexpensive ordinary switches (USA brand, made in Mexico-not Asian which are probably metric) sold in the electronics store that has the same thread. Appears to be 15/32-32. If you bought the proper Packard switch from ebay, picking up a new switch and using it's ring may be an option or I may be able to help.

Posted on: 2011/7/31 12:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
Thanks I did find one at Ace Hardware and since it was extra from the stock that they had and they didn't sell them separately they said I could have it.
The only other question I have is related to the blower motor is it suppose to blow into the car or suck air out of the car because currently mine is sucking air out. I'm going to look for pictures from other cars to see if the whole housing is reversed.

Posted on: 2011/8/1 21:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Blows air in. Borrowing a photo from the archive, the inlet in the center of wheel should be pointed down and flex duct goes to tube heading to front of car. Outlet points to rear and goes to the heater adapter tube below heater box bolted to firewall.

Attach file:

jpg  (88.26 KB)
209_4e37682b7603e.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2011/8/1 21:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Blower fixed now onto the vents
Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
Thanks for the input on things blower motor working with an original switch. I found that it seemed like it was blowing the wrong way is because the vent door was frozen closed. Now going to work with the push pull system as one broke and a little sticky.

Posted on: 2011/8/1 23:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved