Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 200

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1938 model confusion
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
...and what;s with the seller - I mean, showing you the car under whats left of the tarp its been sitting under for years...c'mon, at least drag it to a solid surface, wash a few layers of dirt off it and clean the window and polish some chrome. Yeah, it was running last year....must be just a dead battery and the 'ole girl will be good as new. HA! Well at least they are honest, its been sitting here 15 years, we haven't done a darn thing to it to protect it from freezing temperatures, harmful exposure and a good home for field mice in the winter. Oh, yeah, Grandad spent a fortune restoring this car with all the best parts and services and just last week I saw one "just like it" sell at Barrett Jackson for 199 thousand dollars, I think this is a bargain at only .... yep, a real bargain. Oh, yeah can you pay cash and pick it up next week - that'd be best as we're moving to NotLookingBack, Kansas next week, but don't worry, I'm sure we'll find all that missing stuff while we pack, you know the title and everything. Title might still be in Mom's name, but go see her at the Nursing home, surely she'll sign it over to you. She might not remember it (or the lien on it), but just tell her we said its OK for her to give it to you. Bring Cash too, we closed our account at the bank last week 'cause we're moving...anyway its a real deal. We were gonna take it with us, but with the new baby on the way, we couldn't justify the money the shipping companies wanted for a car with no brakes...funny, they wouldn't pick it up from behind the barn and I just don't have time to clear the path, but I'm sure she'll roll right out...see, them tires are still holding air.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 23:10
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Oh, and just one more keen observation, that grass growing up onto the runningboard (which by the way is wrong) is definitely greener than the grass over by your garage. ....or maybe yours is actually turning Packard green from overspray and your sweat.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 23:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Enough, enough! You guys have talked me off the ledge. Asking price is $6500 but looks like shipping would add at least $3000 more. Flackmaster, your hilarious diatribe also helped convince me I was being stupid. Locomotive? One Packard is enough... for now. And I asked the man who owns one.

Posted on: 2011/8/7 0:11
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
G'day all, I would agree with the forget the 38 and finish the '37. Yes, the Flackmaster has also steered me away from the odd (but enevitable?) bad decision. I would however argue that "One is not enough!". Good luck and get on with the '37. I also have one of those to finish as the "Flackmaster" sometimes reminds me. Best regards from Down Under. Peter Toet.

Attach file:

jpg  (177.03 KB)
154_4e3e4f7d8699f.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2011/8/7 3:36
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I asked once about wood grain on my 38 and was told that in 38 they dropped the wood grain dash to go along with the all steel body (no wood).

Posted on: 2011/8/7 6:20
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dale Rhinehart
See User information
Flackmaster is brutally honest about the 38. Some times you have to give up on beating a dead horse. Flackmaster "speaks with a straight tongue Kemosauby" sick with the 37.

Posted on: 2011/8/7 9:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved