Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 228

David Timberlake, Ernie Vitucci, William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: What the heck happened.
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
A metal ( NOT plastic) lighter fluid can with gasoline in it is better than a oil squirt can. The lighter fluid can can be closed. Carried safely on board a vehicle. OIl squirter cans usualy leak if tipped over.

Posted on: 2011/8/16 17:00
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Not that my experience is worth anything, but with my un-rebuilt fuel pump, I use a couple of squirts of starter fluid in my carb. It fires and keeps running. I guess it gives the carb a boost to keep the car running while the fuel pump catches up.

Posted on: 2011/8/16 21:16
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The starting fluid definately works. That;s true. But it's kind of an expensive way to do it. Carrying a can of it in a hot trunk in the summer time mite be a bit dangerous.

I use the starting fluid mostly for starting engines with poor compression when they are cold. The lighter fluid can filed with gas is safer and can be carried in the trunk.
Also it does not require removing air cleaner to spary into carb. Just loosen wing nut and pour gas down the wing nut stud (assuming carb is NOT updraught).

Posted on: 2011/8/16 22:13
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Bill
See User information
Ok,
So I finally had a chance to go work on the car. While everyone's suggestions were great,It turns out while I was putting in the ignition switch. One of the wires end had broke. Real Damn simple just a pain to track down. The red light that I wasn't getting was for the Battery. One turn of the key and a press of the button two turns of the engine and it fired right off.
Thank-You All.

Posted on: 2011/8/27 10:09
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved