Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 198

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Just got back from 1.5 hr drive in my 52
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
i agree, this is becoming a mystery. it would be interesting to know the history of this car , or any old car. who owned, who first bought it and with what options. on and on we could go. Then when you include my lack of knowledge........
But , that is the joy of this hobby . the discovery and learning. And i am in no rush.
the antenna knob seems to be frozen, and it has been disconnected( all the wires are there)/ I still think this knob is for a washer, but strange no jets on the windshield.
if this knob is for radio fade wouldn't the action be different, more left to right , rather than a spring loaded type push....?
isn't the radio fade knob on the radio itself, the center ring on the left????

Posted on: 2011/8/23 19:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Been awhile since I played with a 51-2 radio but I believe the rotary lever on the radio is the bass/treble on the left and if you have a signal seeker, the sensitivity on the right. Could have those backward.

The rear seat speaker fader is a rotary potentiometer and located on the dash. It was an option so not installed on all. Packard suggested and gave instructions for a spot but really, it also depended on the dealer and owner where it might have been located. It just turns about 270 degrees. The antenna switch is push pull. While the knob bases are all close to the dash bezel on the other switches, you would see approx 3/16" of shaft showing before the knob base on the antenna switch.

Posted on: 2011/8/23 19:51
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
ok. so what i have the antena swithch and the switch that i think is for the antena is the radio fade switch and probably none are for a washer.
THANKS. I think i will put this topic to rest. enough for now and a sincere thanks to all who contributed.
tim

Posted on: 2011/8/23 22:45
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Bucky
See User information
Does your car have a power antenna? If you look in the engine bay up near the firewall and down, you should see a power assembly with wires that come off of the antenna and go thru the firewall.Discount Coach PursesCoach purses maintenance to maintain its attractive appearanceMovies Onlinedownload moviesdownload animation

Posted on: 2011/8/24 1:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rich Bishop
See User information
Ahem. Go get 'em Kev!!

Posted on: 2011/8/24 3:05
[color=0099FF]Respectfully,
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved