Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 226

Todd W. White, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

48 49 50 Instrument Switch Panel Electrical
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
Getting close to completing my new Wire Harness for my '47.

As for the Instrument Switch Panel, I have:

Instrument Lamp Switch with 3 Bullet Connectors. Which Bullets attach to which connections on this switch? There are 2 connections, one with a "B", and one with an "L". The one with the "L" allows for 2 Bullets.

Blower Switch with 2 Bullet Connectors. The switch has 2 connections. One with a "B", and one with an "M".

On the Headlamp Switch, there are 5 connections; 4 are marked with "T", "B", "L" & "P". The 5th connection shows nothing. What goes here" The 6 wires I have going to the switch are all accounted for going to the 4 labeled connections (2 go to "T", and 2 go to "B").

Thanks a bunch!

Posted on: 2011/8/28 18:36
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Re: 48 49 50 Instrument Switch Panel Electrical
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Instrument: B- is battery or feed -- in this case feed should come from T on headlight switch. L- is to panel lights

Heater: B- Battery -- probably from an inline fuse off ign switch. M- Motor

Headlight: B- battery -- From main power feed off solenoid or regulator. T- tail, P- park, L- headlights. There may be extra terminals on that switch. Packard sometimes used it as a tie point or a fused feed.

Posted on: 2011/8/28 18:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 48 49 50 Instrument Switch Panel Electrical
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Johnny
See User information
Thank you so much for the info. This is perfect.

Posted on: 2011/8/28 20:12
Thank you! Johnny
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved