Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 232

Packard Don, BigKev, Don B, Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Firewall wiring photos
Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I am in the finishing stages of a wiring harness replacement on my 1950 23rd Series Deluxe 8 Turing Sedan. The wiring was in bad shape and had some mickey mouse repairs by a previous owner. I am trying to restore the wiring per original specs.

Does anyone have photos of the firewall showing how the original wiring harness was routed? The left side of the car is the most critical. That would be very helpful to put the retaining clips in the right places and make sure the rubber grommets on the firewall have the right things passing through them.

I spent a lot of time going through all the posted photos but could not find any with enough details.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 9:19
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Re: Firewall wiring photos
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Fred, don't know how much this will help. It's an older restoration 2359 convertible victoria.

Attach file:

jpg  (121.64 KB)
177_4e68eaf5788c2.jpg 1280X859 px

Posted on: 2011/9/8 11:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Owen,
Thanks. That helps some but the complex part is hard to see. Also your car seems to have a lot more equipment on it than mine does.
Fred

Posted on: 2011/9/8 14:32
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Fred - not my car - wish it was. It belongs to Paul Teets of NC and is a regular participant at many PAC events. Of course being a Custom it's an Ultramatic so no OD relay, wiring, etc. And of course a convertible so it has the hydraulic system and associated wiring. And the underhood light option is installed. Despite an incorrect engine color I've looked at this car many times and always thought it to be quite correct in most all regards. I wish I had a better picture for you.

It would be relatively easy for me to get a picture or two from a 2252 which lives nearby. Underhood it's essentially unmolested, has R-9 OD.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 14:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
It would be really helpful to get some photos of a correct Packard firewall. I need to see where the wire support clips are located and where things pass through the firewall grommets. I will be fussing with this car all weekend to try to get the wires hooked up and checked with a 6v battery charger in place of the battery. The clips and grommets come last. Then I can enjoy driving the Packard again.

Posted on: 2011/9/9 20:02
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Here are some scans of old pictures from a couple of 22nd Series Custom 8's, one with R9 overdrive and EMC, the other with R11 overdrive.
R9 has the large relay that looks like a voltage regulator but with 6 wiring terminals, located below and to the right of the regulator.
Some of the routing and clips for the main harness is visible.
Hope this will help a bit.

Attach file:

jpg  (118.44 KB)
1137_4e6baefc53a3f.jpg 1280X939 px

jpg  (127.32 KB)
1137_4e6baf15e148e.jpg 1280X953 px

jpg  (117.73 KB)
1137_4e6baf29e23e7.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/9/10 13:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Thanks very much for the photos. They show clearly the areas I need to make right. Obviously the accessories and options change the look quite a bit.

Posted on: 2011/9/12 14:47
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved