Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 218

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: 1940's Los Angeles Video Packard Taxi
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not spending much time in the downtown area, one thing I never realized is how hilly LA is. A few of those street scenes look like they would be right at home in San Francisco. Wonder how popular an option hill holders were.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 11:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Did anyone else recognize the big white modernistic house on the corner, at about 50 seconds into the film, and again later at 2:21?

It looks to me like the house Barbara Stanwyck lived in, in Double Indemnity.

On the chrome bars in the back windows. Some expensive cars in the 40s and early 50s had curved back windows made in 3 pieces. I believe this had to do with the difficulty or expense of making large expanses of curved glass at the time.

Examples include Cadillac starting with prewar models, 1947 - 51 Studebaker Starlite coupe with wraparound back window, and Chrysler 1951-52.

49 Chevrolet had a curved glass windshield made in 2 halves while the 49 Olds 88 had a one piece windshield. Both cars used the GM A body and the windshields were otherwise identical.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 21:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
Link to the Homes and Buildings in Double Indemnity during the movie & now.

http://dearoldhollywood.blogspot.com/2009/05/double-indemnity-film-locations.html

Posted on: 2011/9/11 22:11
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved