Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 116

Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Key codes
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Andrew Armitage
See User information
Great post! I don't have keys for the door locks on my '47 Packard. I thought I was SOL short of replacing the locks with ones that had the keys with them.

I have to pull the door panel off anyways to get a window that fell off track back in line; I'll check the lock for a key code.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 12:15
Andrew Armitage
Plainfield, IL
'47 Packard Custom Super Clipper Eight Limousine
'41 Cadillac Sixty-Seven Series
'40 Buick Limited
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
the locksmith was able to do the same thing for my friends 1931 Pierce Arrow.I think that its amazing that they have all the codes for vintage cars stored in the computer data base.

Posted on: 2011/10/16 13:12
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Steve Taylor
See User information
Finally recieved the keys and opened the trunk. To my great relief, the. air cleaner was in there. Also a box of parts. I mean serious parts like old transmission friction band, intake valves, many new bearings ( probably wheel) , carb rebuild kit, lots of old rags.

I was pleased to find the air filter but sad not to find the wheel skirts and ultramatic scripts. oh well, thank the lord for ebay.

I pulled the carberator off for a clean and rebuild as the car has not run in years. I guess 1975 ish was the last time it ran. After poking around, found that the distributor cap centre cente carbon is missing which would explain why she would not run. Overall everything is looking great.

This winters task are to
clean carb, rebuild
replace distributor, plugs, wires, coil
overhaul water pump
overhaul brake cylinders
change fluids
check all steering and suspension parts

I figure that with these basics done, she should be good to go

I noticed that that the trunk slams shut with enough force to decapitate a major limb. Anyone have any idea what needs to be replaced?

Posted on: 2011/11/6 20:22
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved