Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
121 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 120

Jack Vines, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: The Great Gatsby
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Those Packard folk have class!
Thanks John.

Posted on: 2012/5/25 19:04
 Top  Print   

Re: The Great Gatsby
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I finally took a look at that Paramount soundtrack and the tracks credited to Riddle sound like charts taken from the Untouchables and other TV shows he wrote music for. The tango charts and minor key mood stuff just sounds like they are running scales up and down.

The tracks that say Riddle/Berlin sound like more TV stuff with a few bars of Berlin chorus thrown on top here and there.

About the only reason to sue over that would be if record sales were much higher than expected and Berlin didn't get paid after the intial pressing.

However, it has been a long time since I played that record and upon reflection I think that Hollywood professional Irving Taylor could have done a better job than Riddle.

As to this new movie, after watching the trailer I am not going to waste my time even after it ends up free on youtube. In a word - terrible. The Paramount production hacked up the book to a tolerable degree, but there are live productions of the book that are read verbatim. I don't think the movie business can go much lower than this junk.

Amazing organ John. I can't play like that and have to stick to stock Dixieland charts.

Posted on: 2012/5/26 11:27
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved