Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 195

DaveJr, 53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

5587 Interiors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Given that my interior is NOT original, I am respectfully requesting that similar owners please post pictures of their car's 5587 original interiors here as possible. With a PM I'll also forward my home email too if someone has many different angles or views. My interior is 'original like' but far from what I ultimately want it to be, I I torn it over the weekend while driving the car.

I would also be interested in purchasing and/or trading for original seat patterns on that someone may have in an old parts car.

Thank-you.

Posted on: 2011/11/7 20:27
 Top  Print   

Re: 5587 Interiors
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Some decent interior shots on the auction link patgreen posted.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=89132#forumpost89132

Posted on: 2011/11/7 20:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 5587 Interiors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Thank you Howard for pointing it out and for Pat Green putting up that link.

Posted on: 2011/11/7 20:50
 Top  Print   

Re: 5587 - rear package shelf
Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Anyone know what color the rear shelf (deck) (between rear seat & rear glass windshield) should be? Do you all use a specific kind of material or just simple paint on the board material? None of my publications show me enough detail. Thanks much.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 18:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I am curious about this too. Hope someone with an original car chimes in.

I believe seniors had a fabric or vinyl material in a color similar to the headlining. It was stretched over the typical door panel backing or maybe it was the thinner cardboard that they used in the trunk. Don't remember if there was much padding -- but think maybe that thin cotton tissue paper stuff they used in doors.

I base these impressions from years ago on a 56 Patrician I had that was covered in a thin fabric. Can't remember if the same stuff as headliner but seems like it could have been. I do know it wasn't the same blue as the seat back.

This picture posted by "Let the ride decide" shows fabric -- although with the AC install in that car, it may not be original.

EDIT: With Randy and Jim & Brian's comments maybe that is the original fabric in the picture. My memory apparently sucks. I would say without someone posting a good picture you would be not out of line to pick something in a similar color or shade that complements your seat.

Attach file:

jpg  (78.53 KB)
209_4ed593388b9b4.jpg 764X1280 px

Posted on: 2011/11/29 21:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
My headliner is a light green perforated vinyl (original).
The package tray was a thin perforated cardboard covered with a thin dark green perforated vinyl (original). The upholstery is white and dark green leather with light green cloth that has silver threads running thru it. I am not sure of 55's.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 22:28
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
My interior is original (5582 Interior Code: 60) and I believe the package shelf is dark blue cloth - but it's been a while since I've really looked at it. I need to go to where the car is this week and when I do, I'll send a picture and description.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 22:39
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The rear window package tray top assembly is covered in Gr. 31.4609 of the 55-56 parts book. Though it provides no details as to construction, most applications at least specify a color matched to related trim sets. However, there are only two P/Ns listed for the package shelf trim for model 5582: one is for all-leather trim sets and the other is for all-cloth trim sets, regardless of color. Not sure why.

All of my V8s have had unrestored interiors; though none of them are handy, I can recall some details vividly.

The one '55 Patrician that I once owned had light/dark green all-cloth upholstery (trim set 63). The headliner was light green cloth, but a completely different weave and weight as the seat/body cloth. The instrument panel and rugs were dark green. The package shelf had dark green cloth (similar to, but lighter in weight than seat fabric) wrapped over a cardboard foundation.

My '56 cars are all Seniors (including my dad's Exec), in both sedan and hardtop body styles, and have cloth/vinyl or cloth/leather upholstery (trim sets 55, 75, 79, 84). The package shelf in each is painted, perforated board. It seems to me that the shelf was color-coordinated to the instrument board, rather than fabric or rugs, in these cars.

However, for some reason, I'm thinking the package shelf in the Carib Hardtop (trim set 296) is painted in white. Notice that the parts book shows only one P/NA for that model, regardless of trim, like the fabric roof covering.

Like the issue of wheel color, we simply may not have enough pieces of the greater picture puzzle to figure out the factory's magic formula.

Getting back to the subject car, model 5587 with trim set 54 or 84 shows a turquoise package shelf. Perhaps other owners with a 55 Four Hundred can provide additional detail as regards construction.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 22:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
I just checked a 5587 with Trim Set 85 (basically black & white) and found the rear shelf to be black colored panelboard with no cloth or vinyl covering. Checking from inside the trunk there seems to be a second separate layer of cardboard like material between the panelboard and the body.

Brian

Posted on: 2011/11/29 23:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

BDeB wrote:
I just checked a 5587 with Trim Set 85 (basically black & white) and found the rear shelf to be black colored panelboard with no cloth or vinyl covering. Checking from inside the trunk there seems to be a second separate layer of cardboard like material between the panelboard and the body.

Brian

Wonder if the fabric or cardboard deteriorated and was removed or maybe a plain Clipper piece was installed over it. I do remember the sun did a job back there. That Patrician fabric I had was rotten and so was the top of seat back.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 23:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved