Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 152

moodydavid16, HH56, Plugs1, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: trunk for a 51 200
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joseph Earl
See User information
I get your drift. I was fortunate to find this example with only 33,150 original miles, along with clear remembrances by the mature grandson, who sold it to me, of his grandfather only driving it on special outings.

Later on, he had taken it upon himself in the eighties, when he was in his mid-twenties, to drive the car and look after it somewhat. After having an old-school body man repair any damage using lead, they went about doing a complete brake job, drove about 20 miles, and then in 1985, parked it for 27 years. Aside from the hydraulic cylinders, the brakes are almost new!

Posted on: 2012/3/13 11:06
Joey

(?=#=?)

"If chrome got me home, I'd for sure still be stuck somewhere."

[url=http://pac
 Top  Print   

Re: trunk for a 51 200
Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
One reason why folks may choose to upgrade the trunk is that as I understand the PAC judging rules, the trunk interior is not to be judged, except by the Best of Show Team "when necessary", which I guess means only if that is the only means by which one car can be judged better than the other. Not sure if PI judging is the same. If trunks were normally judged, maybe more people would try to make them authentic.
Ken

PS. Not that my car would win any prizes in that regard or any other. (Too much junk in the trunk!)

Posted on: 2012/3/13 18:26
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved