Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
226 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 226

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: "Fully Restored" 1955 Caribbean on eBay
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Looks like an early 1955 not far separated from the Howard Hughes/Jean Peters Caribbean. But the big "AC" decal on the front carburetor collar on the air cleaner is dead wrong anyway.

And the factory never installed VIN plates in the door jamb with modern pop rivets. In fact, the holes on the VIN plate should have nothing in them. At least one of the antenna masts appears to be a front-mount unit.

Red wire on the choke appears to be because someone has pulled the bi-metal covers on the chokes for some odd reason.

At least as far as V8 Caribbean restos go, this is one of the better ones. I get physically ill when I see what happened to the beautiful Dover White/Scottish Heather/Maltese Gray 1956 I used to drive around SoCal... that is now painted awful black (and that interior...UGH!) and selling back & forth in auctions for megabux!

Posted on: 2011/12/5 23:25
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved