Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
114 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 110

Gary Kulp, pmhowe, John Iaccino, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wheel/rim Interchange
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
I've noticed that there isn't a whole lot of supporting documentation on wheels/rims that interchange with Packard so I'll offer what I've found out so far in researching the subject. Since my car currently has OEM Chevy 1/2 ton Truck chrome rims on it and I want to change them out for some rims that will accept a set of orginal Packard full wheel covers, I decided that I needed to look closely at some original painted steel wheels that resemble the Chevy wheels I have but that will accept my wheel covers. What I have so far is GM cars/trucks/vans that have the 5 X 5 or 5 bolt on 5" pattern. The metric equivalent of this pattern is identified as 5 X 127. The rims are all 15" in diameter and either 6" or 7" wide which will except the P23575R15 tire with no problem. The center hole size which is critical for installation needs to be those wheels which have at a minimum the the 78.1mm bore or about 3.07 inches. I need to confirm the actual "inch" equivalent but my "Chevy" wheels fit over my Packard Hubs like they were made for them. The other critical factor is "offset" which represents the depth of the wheel center as it is attached to the outer rim (see offset chart) More than likely, holes for the alignment pins will not be drilled into the interchange rims however only one is required and it can be easily drilled into any replacement rim. I will post wheel/rim interchange chart as soon as I can shrink it down small enough.

Attach file:

jpg  (19.68 KB)
4000_4ed638ce0a07e.jpg 440X330 px

Posted on: 2011/11/30 9:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved