Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
185 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 183

curpack, r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Weatherstrip question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Anyone know what if any the difference is between 55 and 56 quarter window front weatherstrip pieces? Steele has the 55 number and know it will fit but just curious if one has a different shape or covering.

Attach file:

jpg  (40.99 KB)
209_4edc19ea96ff5.jpg 755X375 px

Posted on: 2011/12/4 20:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Weatherstrip question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I'm not positive because my knowledge of 55s is limited, but I think the 56 has a "furry" cover that is usually partially scraped off. I don't think 55 has this.

Posted on: 2011/12/4 21:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Weatherstrip question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I found some weatherstrip pieces in a box of old NOS rubber items. One has a 55 part number tag and is probably original.

Am still curious if anyone knows if the fuzz is different or is the piece differently shaped. I compared to what is on my 56 (unknown if proper item) and to the bare eye they appear the same--fuzz and all. My outside fuzz is smooth & worn. Inside is still present to some extent so as Randy mentioned, that rubbing off was an issue--even these shelfworn ones are starting to separate. I doubt if Steele's has any fuzz at all. Think I had to use some kind of cloth tape on another item of his to duplicate the look.

Interesting is while these have never been on a car they have the same problem I'm replacing mine for. The vertical fuzz covered section that meets the front window is still decently supple. The horizontal section that meets the door and trim frame is hard as a rock and if I used these, will crack or break off the first time door is closed.

Attach file:

jpg  (13.45 KB)
209_4edd44f496f37.jpg 640X178 px

jpg  (24.25 KB)
209_4edd44fd83c18.jpg 640X366 px

Posted on: 2011/12/5 17:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved