Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Touring - "Spring in the Berkshires"
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
PAC's Henry Joy tours are among the very best Packard touring events. Several of us who participate in PackardInfo have participated in past tours and I'm sure can attest to that. Terrific camaraderie, touring over mostly secondary roads to see sites of local interest, etc. I'm told upwards of 60 Packards are expected and if the past tours are any indicator, about 1/2 will be pre-war.

See:http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1281

Posted on: 2011/12/16 13:09
 Top  Print   

Re: Touring - "Spring in the Berkshires"
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Looks like we'll have about 60 Packards, about 1/2 prewar, on the almost week-long tour starting June 3. Here's a nice picture of one of our tourmate's car, Gunther Hoyt's 1937 Super 8 Coupe for 5 passengers. Very photogenic car, looks great from any angle. It's equipped with the optional and quite uncommon tilting trunk rack so you can get into the regular trunk w/o having to unbolt and remove the exterior trunk.

Anyone else from here attending?

Attach file:

jpg  (142.55 KB)
177_4fc13790d8876.jpg 1280X836 px

Posted on: 2012/5/26 15:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not to show too much ignorance but does the trunk rack tilt up/down or some other direction or swing out?

Posted on: 2012/5/26 15:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'll try to get a picture next week of it when tilted, but until then I think the Packard patent picture will give you an idea.

Attach file:

jpg  (56.71 KB)
177_4fc145ea7c492.jpg 1280X798 px

Posted on: 2012/5/26 16:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks, Dave. Answers the question. Guess it would take too much room or bracing to swing out but sure hope everything is well packed or covered inside when it tilts.

Posted on: 2012/5/26 16:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Packing the trunk with what spares and the like we carry today would be an issue, but "in the era" the trunk just held 3 relatively small suitcases for clothes. Tools, jack etc. are carried under the passenger front seat.

Posted on: 2012/5/26 17:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
HH, here's two photos of the 1937 trunk rack hinge arrangement, pivots differently than the 35 and 36 system as shown in the patent. The owner has made several duplicate sets for sale.

Just refreshing my memory of the tour events; we'll have the opportunity to do a couple of laps at Lime Rock - it will be quite a sight to see 60+ Packards on the track.

Attach file:

jpg  (98.57 KB)
177_4fc62cbeeb806.jpg 1280X946 px

jpg  (86.42 KB)
177_4fc6565822664.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2012/5/30 9:20
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
PAC's 6th Henry Joy Tour has just concluded. If you have an interest, here's some photos and commentary. If you're ever in a position to attend one, they are truly wonderful events, no pressure, no judging, just driving and great camaradarie. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1281

Posted on: 2012/6/8 15:53
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

George40
See User information
Dave,

Great photos! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Thanks for sharing.

George

Posted on: 2012/6/8 17:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Yes, thanks very much for the photos and I can attest to the fact they are great events. Glad to see so many prewar vehicles in attendance.

Posted on: 2012/6/8 23:12
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved