Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
248 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 248

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

mystery noise
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
Good comment about the brakes ,thats why Im so interested in engine braking ,cuz at the bottom of the my big straight long hill the brakes are starting to fade if I use the brakes the whole way .I had the shoes checked they are new ,its a doozy hill .
I stop at the top. put it in low ,then ease down the hill letting the brakes do part of the job intermittantly and the engine do part ,I would slip the thing into h when the hill gets flatter ,and there as a bit of a lurch ,
today i went from l to n then h at the flat bottom of the hill and this seemed to be smooth
going up the hill I can do it in h and I can get about 25 mph ,or do it in l and have the same speed result with the engine revving higher ,in high if the engine bogs down i can do a "pull your foot off of the accelerator" and the engine seems to work at a revving higher speed but still in h .but someone said theres only one gear and then torque converter slip .it does make it up each time lucally but i dont want to hurt the thing .The mystery noise is the clater when the engines working hard up the hill ,maby some thing is shaking or maby detonantion ,I found out today I was running her unexpectedely advanced
remember that coca cola commercial about the nigerian runner practicing for the olympics runs up this huge hill and then gets a coke ,its a hill like that
maby Ill start going the back way

Posted on: 2011/12/19 20:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved