Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Esquire Scripts
Home away from home
Home away from home

John McCall and Mitch Parker
See User information
Hello...any Esquire owners out there? Through the great help of the folks at Kepich Exhaust and their E-Bay Store, I have been able to replicate the side scripts for the rare Esquire. They will need to be gold plated prior to installation but are now being offered at $100.00 each. I could not have done these without the help of George Hamlin, an Esquire owner who made the artwork available to me.

Now, since I am doing a REPLICA Esquire, I have elected to design a new trunk script to replace the sometimes-used "Caribbean" side script style that found its way to the trunks of many of Mr. DuBois' Esquires. I find this script to be very much out of character with the "Packard" script to the left which is elongated and linear. So, I designed my own to be in keeping, just as a Caribbean model would also have. Since I am doing a replica, I guess I won't get censured by too many purists.

Now readers, find me a good 400 to do all this cosmetic surgery on, and Happy Holidays!

Esquireman

Posted on: 2011/12/21 10:23
1956 Packard Caribbean Convertible
1956 Packard Patrician Touring Sedan
1938 Eight Touring Sedan
1949 Custom Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Esquire Scripts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
Could you please excuse my ignorance, and explain to me what a "esquire" is? I thought I had seen virtually every
model of Packard from the Mid-30's to the final Detroit model of 1956, but that one eludes me. SVENSK

Posted on: 2011/12/21 19:02
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

vicpick58
See User information
I also am not ashamed to say that I have never heard of the Esquire either. Look forward to being enlightened on the subject.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 19:29
Former owner of: 1955 Clipper Constellation
1956 400
1956 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

vicpick58
See User information
Ok to answer my own question I found this:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=144&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

So the Esquire was a dealer conversion of a 400 to Caribbean trim. And apparently some Patricians too.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 19:38
Former owner of: 1955 Clipper Constellation
1956 400
1956 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved