Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
86 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 83

Ozstatman, Peter Packard, happy, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Paint Color
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dan Clements
See User information
I am looking for information on the paint to the under body on a 1940 120 floor pan and Dash the body is the Packard Dark Blue.

Did they match or were they a flat black from production.

Posted on: 2012/1/11 7:59
Dan Clements
South Lyon MI 48165
1940 120 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Paint Color
Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Hello Dan:

Not certain about 1940, but the underbody of both my 1941s are flat black.

As for the dash it (again, in 1941) vast majority I've seen have been woodgrained. The few I've seen painted were body color or coordinated with the body color, but I've always questioned the authenticity. Both my 160 and 120 were woodgrained. I think woodgrain gives a much richer, Packard-like appearance to the car. Please see my 120 below.

I am surprised that some of the 1940 guys have not already weighed in on this one for you. Maybe you should check the Project Blogs, such ashttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=93110&topic_id=5335&#forumpost93110
and send a PM to the author(s).

--Roger--

Attach file:

jpg  (116.38 KB)
436_4f2025f916355.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2012/1/25 10:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Jim Hollingsworth is the expert on 1940 Packards. He is listed in the PAC membership directory. He lives in Texas.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2012/1/25 12:01
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I think the 41's did have a painted dash and garnish option (I don't have the option data book handy) - I think it would be most likely chosen if the buyer also went for the upholstery option with the two-tone broadcloth and color coordinated plastic.

Posted on: 2012/1/25 12:45
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved