Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 210

BigKev, 37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Seat Upholstery Kits or Fabric for a 1938 Eight
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

FPTGearhead
See User information
In reupholstering the interior of my '38 Eight, I am looking for a vendor that either sells a complete kit that can be used to cover my original seats, not necessary that the fabric is exactly true to the original but is a modern replacement for the wool. Color choice is important as I want to match the good door panels. Secondly, is there a vendor that might sell just the fabric that comes very close to original. My local seat guy will sew it on. Again my car is a driver and not a trailer girl so I do NOT need exact original fabric. Third, has anyone had any luck with finding premade headliners? Or the fabric to make one?

Have surfed the web and really did not find much. Help!

Thanks to all in advance.

DJ

Posted on: 2012/1/31 12:46
 Top  Print   

Re: Seat Upholstery Kits or Fabric for a 1938 Eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Have you checked out Bill Hirsch, SMS, and LeBaron Bonney? Very close fabrics are available. In my experience, if you use a polyblend instead of wool, the look is quite noticeably different - the synthetic is shiny.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 13:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Seat Upholstery Kits or Fabric for a 1938 Eight
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
KANTER has all of the items you are looking for.

Posted on: 2012/1/31 13:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved