Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 214

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

removing heater bezel next to steering column on 56
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
is there a trick to removing the bezel with the two heater controls which runs over the steering column. i have been scratching my head for two days trying to get to the screws on the left side and they are way up in there any help would be appreciated i am not looking forward to reinstalling them either.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 18:04
 Top  Print   

Re: removing heater bezel next to steering column on 56
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Not sure which left screws you mean or if these instructions or photo is any help. Does show all the screw locations though. Believe there are 6 screws holding to dash, 2 in each lever control (1 hidden deep inside each assy) 2 in the middle next to column and then the switch mounts. Pretty much everything has to come off. They have you remove the vent wire cables off the lever control heads in step B but not sure that is necessary in your case. It is a pain. I just did it a few months ago--although did not completely remove the chrome piece. You may also have to loosen the steering column clamp so column can drop a bit. The middle screws holding the bezel are very recessed so you may even have to remove the clamp to access the inner screws. If you do have to remove the clamp, on a 56 this is a problem because nothing is there to hold up the half length column.

Attach file:

jpg  (31.32 KB)
209_4f2b1bc452ef1.jpg 627X408 px

jpg  (196.50 KB)
209_4f2b1bdbcb08d.jpg 1000X1280 px

Posted on: 2012/2/2 18:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: removing heater bezel next to steering column on 56
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
thank you HH56 that is what i thought. i may remove the column because i also want to remove the instrument cluster as one of the lenses is damaged

Posted on: 2012/2/2 21:46
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved