Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 182

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Rad hose length?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Guys,
Wanted to find out what the lengths are on the upper and lower radiator hoses. I tried looking under a 1952 Pontiac Chieftain, but the lengths listed are, 11 1/4" and 16 1/2", which seem to be too short. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2012/2/23 15:42
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Re: Rad hose length?
Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
I'm afraid I do not have a 52 but instead a 53 and I am not certain that their radiator hose specifications are the same. Plus, if you looked it up in an old book, what they were may no longer be what they are now. You probably have about 60 years on those engine supports, you know. Assuming you have the old hoses, take those to the auto parts store to help in getting your new hoses. To also help you in getting your hoses I would suggest you get the diameters at both sides of the mountings of both hoses, and get your own measurements from one side of the hoses to the other, have at least a general notion of the bend required by the hoses, and use all of this at the auto supply store to buy your hoses. When I bought my last hoses they did not have one specially made for either upper or lower radiator so I ended up buying two I had to cut to fit. You can get a hose two ways. One, you can buy a flexible hose with a built in flexible portion reinforced with a metal spring. Or two, you can buy a molded hose with the proper curvature that you can cut to fit. Most auto parts store people ought to help you if you tell them what you are trying to do. Hope that helps!
Ken

Posted on: 2012/3/5 9:17
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Ken,
Thank you for replying. I took some measurements, and searched dayco's website. It was really helpfull, listing the measurements of all the flex hoses they produce, along with the part numbers. As it turned out, Autozone had the hoses that would fit. From my measurements, I found the upper hose to be 13 1/4" in length, and the lower to be 23 1/2". Both fit perfectly. The part# for the upper is "81321" and the lower "81351".

Posted on: 2012/3/5 12:56
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Glad you found some that fit!
Ken

Posted on: 2012/3/5 13:51
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved